C240 Limp Mode Transmission Solenoid

Joe Athey • 8 October 2019
6 comments
0 likes

Hello again folks. Still working on getting this thing going. I have replaced the conductor plate and the 13 prong adapter, also checked the tcu for oil and it is clean, fluid level is good and no sign of water or coolant. Was looking at the data stream for the solenoid valves. Based on this it appears to point to a bad solenoid. But I don't know for sure and I don't know what these numbers mean.

 Pressure of component Y3/6y2 (shift pressure control solenoid valve)     0 mbar

So I am thinking about replacing the solenoids. If you all agree; should I replace them all or just the one that is bad. They are kind of pricey. Please advise and thank you.

Data Stream from Code Scanner / Solenoids

Set current of component Y3/6y1 (Modulating pressure control solenoid valve)   790 mA

Actual current of component Y3/6y1 (Modulating pressure control solenoid valve)  795 mA

Pressure of component Y3/6y1 (Modulating pressure control solenoid valve)     750 mbar

Set current of component Y3/6y2 (Shift pressure control solenoid valve)   986 mA

Actual current of component Y3/6y2 (shift pressure control solenoid valve)  980 mA

Pressure of component Y3/6y2 (shift pressure control solenoid valve)     0 mbar

On/Off ratio of torque converter lock-up                                                     0  1/255

 

 

215000